Friday, September 23, 2011

Grafitti-fication of GC Dolls

Grafitti-fication of GC Dolls

Everything as you all know inspires me , I am an avid collector of magazines , my favorites being , VOGUE , Harpers BAZAAR , Glamour , WMagazine ,  collect them all , gathering inspiration from what I see on the runways of Milan , Paris and my beloved NYC ..... Drawing to me comes extremely natural to me , my favorite medium < > black sharpie marker and plain ol' white paper. Every single magazine I own has been reread over a gazillion times , bc you never know what you may have missed. Every models face that has graced the pages of these glamour books are an inspiration for a next illustration of a Grafitti Couture Doll .

GC Illustration Pish Posh Mish 


I have followed the Fashion World for as long as I can remember , I take great delight in heading to the nearest Rite Aid and purchasing the latest fashion mags , it's my secret guilty pleasure. The aromas that fill  these pages , ahhhhh >>>>> throws me into a pool of ideas and inspiration , always with a black marker , sketchbook and my artist must have , my hot cup of coffee , I am ready for my blissful magazine experience. It is here where my IMAGINATION is set free , bc it's now my interpretation of all these beautiful faces , colours , textures , prints and aromas that all meld together and help me create my  Grafitti Couture Dolls.


Well, now I must go and sketch , grafitti-fy and colorize them and get them ready to share with you.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a looksie ! 

Lots of Love and Keep Creating !

E

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Lorem

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Think Different, narrated by Steve Jobs